Great Sand Dunes National Park PosterHike and Draw
Imagine stepping into a landscape so vast, you can go for miles without feeling like you've moved. All around you is a horizon of mountains and the tallest dunes in North America rising before them. This Great Sand Dunes National Park and Preserve poster captures the essence of a park that feels rustic at first glance, but is rich with diverse habitats and wildlife. The scene imagines a lone rider overlooking lands where his ranch lays, sitting high atop his horse before the layered backdrop of Medano Creek, the dunes, and the Sangre de Cristo Mountains.
Designed in Great Sand Dunes
The poster is one of 59 prints we are making on our National Park Quest, an artistic journey to showcase the parks through a creative lens. It is the third official poster of our Centennial Poster Series in celebration of the 100th anniversary of the parks. This print embodies a Victorian style with its carefully crafted typography and illustration to remind viewers of the year 1916, when the park service was established. Though this park wasn't established until 2004, the idea behind it was long in existence.
We designed this poster while discovering Great Sand Dunes in May 2016, and its composition was inspired by hiking and backpacking in the dunes, exploring the surrounding mountains, camping at Pinon Flats Campground, and viewing exhibits at the visitor center. The imagery was literally crafted in the heart of the park while exploring a place of vibrant contrasts. We split our days between creation and hiking.
Individually Hand Printed
Printed on heavyweight archival matte paper, the colors are rich and painterly. Upon your order, your poster is individually hand printed by our U.S. based partner who will send your print carefully packaged in a tube made of recycled materials.
Add it to your collection of outdoor prints and other National Park art – it also makes a unique gift to those who fell in love with the dunes.
- Available in 4 easy to frame size options
- Individually hand printed and packaged with care
- Printed on heavyweight, archival matte paper that feels durable and artistic
- Printed with high color inks
- Shipped in a sturdy kraft tube made of recycled materials
- 100% designed and printed in U.S.A.
- Frame is NOT included
CANVAS printing is already available, your poster will be made into eye-popping art, carefully mounted on a wood frame.
A statement piece and artwork all in one, and the depth of the canvas adds a dimension to a room.
If you choose the canvas option for your poster, it will already include the canvas printing, wood mounting and the extra fee for flat shipping.
FRAME (If you would like to have your poster framed please just add this item to your order and make sure to select the size of your poster, thank you ).
The process is as easy as 1, 2, 3:
- After your purchase, your order is processed and given personal attention: your poster is individually printed for you. Please allow 2 - 7 business days for this step.
- Your print is carefully packaged and we send you a tracking number when it's time to travel. Shipping domestically takes 3 - 7 days. International 10 - 30 days.
- You unpack your print and welcome the history of Great Sand Dunes to your home!
Thank you for visiting Hike & Draw, please contact us with any questions and we'll be happy to help.