Mammoth Cave National Park PosterHike and Draw
Imagine stepping into total darkness with nothing but a dimly lit lantern. That's exactly what Stephan Bishop did in the mid-19th century when he set out to explore Mammoth Cave, the world's longest cave system known to man. This design showcases that moment in time and celebrates the history of explorers who began a rich tradition of cave discovery. Bishop was a former slave who gave famous cave tours and accurately mapped out 16 km of passageways from mere memory.
Designed in Mammoth Cave
The poster is one of 59 prints we are making on our National Park Quest, an artistic journey to showcase the parks through a creative lens.
We designed this poster while discovering Mammoth Cave National Park in April 2016, and its composition was inspired by cave tours, stories from rangers, as well as the museum within the park's visitor center. The imagery was literally crafted in the heart of the park while exploring a place of mystery and wonder. We camped at night, splitting our days between creation and hiking.
Individually Hand Printed
Printed on heavyweight archival matte paper, the colors are rich and painterly. Upon your order, your poster is individually hand printed by our U.S. based partner who will send your print carefully packaged in a tube made of recycled materials.
Add it to your collection of outdoor prints and other National Park art – it also makes a unique gift to those who fell in love with Mammoth Cave.
Your Mammoth Cave Poster:
- Available in 4 easy to frame size options
- Individually hand printed and packaged with care
- Printed on heavyweight, archival matte paper that feels durable and artistic
- Printed with high color inks
- Shipped in a sturdy kraft tube made of recycled materials
- 100% designed and printed in U.S.A.
- Frame is NOT included
The process is as easy as 1, 2, 3:
- After your purchase, your order is processed and given personal attention: your poster is individually printed for you. Please allow 2 - 7 business days for this step.
- Your print is carefully packaged and we send you a tracking number when it's time to travel. Shipping domestically takes 3 - 7 days. International 10 - 30 days.
- You unpack your print and welcome the history of Mammoth Cave to your home!
Thank you for visiting Hike & Draw, please contact us with any questions and we'll be happy to help.